Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oatmeal and Strawbabies




For breakfast, I had oatmeal, strawberries (or as Ty calls them, 'strawbabies'), Splenda, and soy milk. Lots of fiber and I feel pretty good that I ate something so healthy. Lots of fiber, a fruit, some calcium, yum. Then the old Splenda/Nutrasweet debate started in my head.

One side: They have no calories! People have eaten these things for decades! You've eaten them before! They are in everything!

Other side: People have gotten cancer for decades! It might be zero calories, but it tricks your body! It is a chemical, just use the real thing! It will be stored in your fat! It will get into your breastmilk and hurt your baby's development!

Anyway, the debate in my head kind of ruined my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!