Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chopping Fruit

Chopped fruit in a pretty dish. Who knew?
I am not a big fruit eater. I really prefer vegetables. I want my kids to like both, so I am always trying to incorporate fruits into their lives, sometimes without much luck. I cool hot oatmeal with frozen fruit, which does cool the cereal and probably leaks some goodness into their cereal. Both my kids push the fruit to the side though. They also pick it out of yogurt and off crackers.

I've kept trying though, and the chopped fruit works the best. In part, I think they like that the fruit is in this pretty glass dish. I also think they like that I just leave it out and they can grab a piece as they play or as I cook.

Such a simple idea that really works. Can you get fruit into your kids' diets? Any other simple solutions?

2 comments:

  1. Good post. Maybe fruit juices or smoothies might be good to try too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do smoothies during the summer. We currently have about 10 inches of snow, so I know I couldn't get them to drink those right now. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!