Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wonder Why Wednesday

I wonder why left to my own devices, I will invent the worst, the unhealthiest snacks. I try so diligently to eat well. And then I find myself in the kitchen making waffles with chocolate chips sandwiched between them. (That tastes exactly like a warm chocolate chip cookie, by the way).

I wonder what inspires me to mix sour cream and cream cheese together and see what I can put them in. I wonder if other people do this. If I stop and think about it, I don't even like dairy.

I wonder why I will do so well for so long (with treats built in) and then I'm just like, I need to make a cake. I don't need a cake! Who needs a cake? Cake has no redeeming nutritional value. And I know that.

I wonder why I know what is good and then I do what is bad. I bet that is a common theme in our culture. I wonder why.

4 comments:

  1. I get off track with eating a lot. When I really think about it, I only eat bad at school and I hardly ever eat at home.

    It's difficult trying to stay healthy in school because you have the temptation and the over sized servinga the caf spoons onto your plate. Right now, I am (again) a calorie counting fool. I always feel gulity eating bad or just looking at the bad food.

    So, you're not the only wondering why when it comes to food :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for cheering me up, SED. I eat bad when I am stressed out. This morning I kept munching on biscuits with jelly as I cleaned up the numerous messes Za made in about two seconds. I've got to stop as soon as I realize what I'm doing (instead of continuing like I did today) and leave the room. or munch on a carrot. or drink water. something with no calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, if I have a carton of sour cream in my fridge, I'm always thinking about what I could stir in there, and what could I dip into it? Chips are more likely to win than carrots!

    I was just in Peoria last weekend, and wrote a post about the kid-friendly art exhibit we went to. I thought maybe you would be interested!

    http://lemondroppie.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-inside-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sour cream and cream cheese--they are so versatile and anything mixes in them well--chocolate, onions, garlic, sugar, the possibilities are endless. It really is a problem!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!