Tuesday, April 6, 2010

SAHM Triumph: The Cutting Board is in the Dishwasher

When I once ran around like a crazy and stayed up all night grading papers and went to work before my kids were awake, I would long to use my kitchen supplies. I had a big wedding and received very nice kitchen gadgets. I used them when it was just the hubby for dinner dates. Now that I continually have two more eaters and know the importance of making food and not dumping some processed junk on a plate, I want to develop positive eating habits for my kids.

As a SAHM, I take my job seriously and that includes food preparation. (Not that I didn't take my mommy job seriously before, but now that I have one less job and am on a budget, I really do have more time to worry about food). Last night I chopped onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and carrots for dinner. Did my kids eat it all? Nope. Did my husband eat it all? Nope. I did, however, serve them vegetables that I chopped myself, on two cutting boards. I presented a healthy meal to them and hopefully, some day, they will eat it all because they are accustomed to healthy dinners.

Does this seem silly? Maybe. Am I happy and proud? Yep, and that is why my SAHM Triumph of the week is that I have two cutting boards in my dishwasher right at this very second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!