Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SAHM Triumph: Snuggles

Ty loves to say, "sit on the couch and snuggle wif me." This breaks my heart and well, I always do it.
I adore snuggling my babies, even though they are not tiny anymore. I know the day will come when they want to run the neighborhood, or sulk in their rooms, or drive their cars, or sit in a dorm room and snuggle with someone else.

Sometimes I get down on myself because I am not doing laundry, unloading the dishwasher, sweeping the floor, or the other million mom-tasks.

Sometimes, though, the kids need love in the form of snuggles. I think Ty says that because I tell my kids that when they are tiny, "let's snuggle together." He's heard me say it many times. I think that part (not all) of raising well-rounded kids is teaching them they are loved. So, although snuggling is one of my favorite mom duties, it is an important one. That is why petting my kids' hair and snuggling them on the couch is my SAHM triumph of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Today's blog is cute :) My mom and I still sit on the couch when I'm home and I lay in her lap. Snuggling is also my faovrite thing to do :) as you have probably seen as a FB status with my boobear :) yay for your SAHM triumph of the day! You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! You are a GREAT mom...raising great kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks loyal blog readers. I love to snuggo and SED, you make me feel happy. Maybe he will still snuggo me in a few years.

    Thanks Barb, it is my job, and I always try to do well at my job. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!