Thursday, March 18, 2010

SAHM Struggle: Balancing!

As my dedicated readers can see from lack of posting this week, work and my kids kept me busy this week. I struggle with posting this because I don't want to sound bratty. This is a recurring struggle in my SAHM world and it isn't getting better.

When I started working at home, I knew that it would be hard. The kids want something, I lose my train of thought, Za unplugs the computer, the dog pukes everywhere, Ty wants more TV. I refuse to let the TV babysit my kids, so of course, I help him. I cleanup the dog puke. I plug the computer back in. I do puzzles and read stories. I love it. I enjoy being with my kids. That is my mommy job and I am so lucky to have it.

I do need to get a little bit of work done though. Just a little, just for that extra bit of money and for a bit of adult interaction for my sanity.

I don't miss deadlines and I think (and hope) my clients are happy. I succeed in mommy-ing and writing. Is this the balance? Is there any other balance, or is this just it? I feel like I am going to lose it, but I don't?

And despite my hand wringing and setbacks, I do get my work done. I just wish it wasn't at one in the morning. That seems to be my time where I can work and get it all done. Of course, that has drawbacks. I'm tired and my head hurts.

So, I'm torn with this balancing act. Any advice? This SAHM is tired, has a headache, pleased clients, and happy kiddies. Something tells me though that I still need balancing advice.

1 comment:

  1. The timer sounds like a nice way to help me balance. Very realistic, thanks for that. I am also glad that I am not the only one who feels guilt about the tv. :) It is always nice to know you are not the "only one."

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!