Saturday, January 9, 2010

SAHM Struggle: 2

My two year old, the sweetest and cutest little guy, has taken to biting his sissy. I firmly believe responding with more violence will irritate him. Time out does nothing, talking to him does nothing, explaining does nothing. I'm out of ideas. I even cracked open a baby book, and got, nothing.

Any advice would be so welcome. He yells at her for brushing by him when she crawls. I thought spending some one on one time with him while she slept would help, but no. 

Two is hard! I really compare it to a a teenager. Both groups look older than they are emotionally or mentally. Maybe even intellectually. Both groups want freedom one minute, and then help the next. Both are hard, hard ages. I just don't remember being two.

2 comments:

  1. My mom told me that my brother bit me all the time, sometimes drawing blood, when he was around 2 years. She said finally she bit him back, enough to hurt, and that finally ended it. So, there's that. She told me she did it to me, too, when I went through a biting phase.

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You are not the only one to suggest this. I'll let you know what my hubby and I decide about this situation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!