Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Art Garage

Za and I attended Toddler Time at The Art Garage at Studios on Sheridan. 


Peoria, Illinois has an art center that has opportunities for children, adults, and groups. Tuesday was Toddler Time. I saw people talking about the gathering on Facebook. To attend was $5 so I thought Za and I would give it a shot. We were there for an hour and had a very pleasant time. The hour included:

* a story reading - this time it was "The Monster At The End of This Book"
* cardstock masks
* paint

Za listening to the story.
and an added benefits to parents:

* a painting area that I did not have to clean

Smocks were provided!
Jessica, the owner, was very patient and helpful. She praised the kids for sharing and passed around paint for them. She dried the masks for the kids, which did have me worried at one point because Za's mask was quite heavy with paint.

Finished!

Connecting literature and art is a great way to help children remember the story.

Za told everyone that she is not a real monster, just a pretend one like Grover. 

Za is still playing with the monster hours later. She had fun and talked to the other kids. While the paintings dried, the kids played with paper and crayons. Overall, it was a pleasant way to spend an hour, and for $5, that is a great deal. We plan to return to The Art Garage this summer for more artistic times!

I was not compensated for this post. This review is my honest, unpaid opinion. 

2 comments:

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!