Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SAHM Triumph: Sweet Potato Dinner

One of the biggest adjustments motherhood handed me was to get over my body. That sounds really cocky and it might be forbidden to talk about. It might even reflect poorly on me as a person. My old body was skinny and did not have a belly that carried a 9 pound Ty and a 7 pound Za. If I saw an outfit in the store, it probably would look good on me. My wedding dress was a size 6. I was always the "skinny girl." After my first pregnancy, I mourned my old body. 

I feel better, second child later, about my body. It still bothers me, but it has been awhile since I sat down and cried about it. 

I work at my body, but could do better. I exercise regularly, which I never did before when I was skinny. Oh, irony. Anyway, I eat too much, which is my downfall. I need to eat better. I do ok not frying food or eating stuff out of boxes. I love to bake, which is a problem. Cookies, cakes, icing, pancakes, sweets do me in. Whenever I wanted to lose weight in the past, I would do something stupid like not eat anything but a bowl of oatmeal a day. I hate being hungry because when I am, I stand in front of the pantry and inhale. 

Now that I've made up my mind to lose some weight (again) I must do it. I would like to look better. I'm also the matron on honor in my best friend's June wedding.

My friend has an awesome blog about healthy eating. I went there. I also started doing some other research and found that sweet potatoes are healthy, which I kinda knew, but not to the extent that they are.

I had one left over from Thanksgiving that didn't fit in the pot. I fixed it and shared it with Miss Za and I am not hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!