Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013

A long time ago, I joined a blog party...

And it was a blast.


I began following blogs that I still read today. I got great ideas for my life and blog. It is time for the 5 Minutes for Mom Blog Party again - and I am excited to be part of it.

So welcome blog-party-goers! My name is Lauralee. I'm a mom and a teacher. I look at parenting through a teacher's lens. My blog has two big goals:

1. To communicate with other SAH parents about living the life while sometimes feeling alienated from other adults, and
2. To knock out some of the mysteries surrounding education.

I am a teacher by heart, and I strongly believe that parents are their children's first teachers. (That is a cliche, but I do believe it). When parents understand why teachers "do what they do," parents and students are happier. I incorporate everyday, sensible learning with my kids, and record it along the way. I hope that my ideas help other parents, whether they casually teach their children, or are dedicated to home-schooling.

I would love for you to follow me here, or on my Facebook page.

Right now I am off to visit other blogs and look at the party prizes. Hang around my blog, ask me questions - I look forward to meeting all of you!

14 comments:

  1. Stopping by from UBP 13. It is fun to make connections and meet other SAH parents online. It's such an encouragement to find others in similar life circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about parents being their child's first and most important teacher! I always get good ideas when I stop by your blog. Glad you are participating in UBP this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I don't know what SAH stands for.
    -Nonnahs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nonnahs. I normally write SAHM, which is stay at home mom. Since I know many dads participate in the UBP, I wrote SAH - stay at home, and then parents. Nice to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what a blog party is, but it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely agree we are their first teachers!

    When I left my position as a middle school teacher I said I was going to another teaching job -- SAH parent. Thing is, they teach me as much as I teach them!

    Stopping in from the party. And definitely finding a way to follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauralee! I could not agree with you more that we are our children's first teachers, cliche as it might be. So glad to have met you through the UBP and looking forward to reading more! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you from the UBP 2013. I'm also a mom and a teacher, now I only teach my kids instead of everyone's though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops. I think my comment got deleted. Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by my humble little home on the web. I have learned so much from other parents. I'm already following you on Pinterest and Google Connect... I'll look for your other links in a sec. My mother was a school teacher (and my uncle) who transitioned to SAHM when my brother (her second) was born. Oh, for some reason my avatar is appearing greyed out. Maybe a conflict between G+ and GFC? Anyway, have a super weekend, Lauralee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the UBP13! I totally agree that we are our kids first teachers. I'm now following so I can get great ideas from you!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I popped on over from the UBP13 and I'm glad I came by. You're right about parents being the first teacher. It's a big responsibility, but we have to tackle it head on... even when they fight us. :-)

    I'm happy to have met you and look forward to seeing you around the party. Please come by my place when you get a chance: http://www.petulaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. just landed from Dubai to here for UBP13. You are right that parents are their kids first teacher. I am happy to come by here for the party hoping to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! New follower here from UBP13! Your blog is awesome and I too am a WAHM! I'm a new blogger and hope you will come by and follow me at http://mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!