Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013

A long time ago, I joined a blog party...

And it was a blast.


I began following blogs that I still read today. I got great ideas for my life and blog. It is time for the 5 Minutes for Mom Blog Party again - and I am excited to be part of it.

So welcome blog-party-goers! My name is Lauralee. I'm a mom and a teacher. I look at parenting through a teacher's lens. My blog has two big goals:

1. To communicate with other SAH parents about living the life while sometimes feeling alienated from other adults, and
2. To knock out some of the mysteries surrounding education.

I am a teacher by heart, and I strongly believe that parents are their children's first teachers. (That is a cliche, but I do believe it). When parents understand why teachers "do what they do," parents and students are happier. I incorporate everyday, sensible learning with my kids, and record it along the way. I hope that my ideas help other parents, whether they casually teach their children, or are dedicated to home-schooling.

I would love for you to follow me here, or on my Facebook page.

Right now I am off to visit other blogs and look at the party prizes. Hang around my blog, ask me questions - I look forward to meeting all of you!