|I thought about using glue, but decided it would be way too messy.|
I cut the middle from a paper plate and covered it with duct tape. I sent the kids out to find leaves. I had them take turns adding leaves.
|Taking turns, working on patience!|
We discussed the different colors of leaves. We also talked about what the trees would look like with no leaves in a few months.
The project only took about twenty minutes, but the kids were very specific about where each leaf went, and its direction. I like showing them how all the steps of a project - taking turns, staring out slowly with preparation, and on.
I poked a hole in the top and tied it with a piece of yarn. Educational, and always, inexpensive.