Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wonder Why Wednesday: Sad

I've been gone for a bit, blog readers. This whole balance a mommy and work at home gig is hurting me. I decided I needed a break and have been going to bed at night (woo-hoo!) so I can be the best mommy/teacher to my little monsters. We have played Candy Land and colored and read books and discussed colors and written grocery lists. We have not, however, made it to the grocery store.

So while I am a bit more rested, organized, and happy with my happy children, I of course have wonderings swirling in my head. I wonder why I am sad that I cannot be superwoman and do it all. My blog has fallen behind and that makes me sad. I wonder why I don't have the balance I search for in life. I look at a year ago as I packed my classroom. I have made great strides in this past year. Life is no longer the rush or mess it was when I left the house everyday for work. I'm better rested, but I still wonder: did I sacrifice too much of myself so I would have pieces to give to others?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck figuring this out - I think it's something most (maybe all?) mothers struggle with. I find sleep always helps - it's the getting sleep AND staying on top of everything else that's tricky =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second MaryAnne's comment about sleeping and staying on top of things! I too left the classroom recently to stay home with my little guy (5 months this week!) and have been struggling with some of the same questions this week. Since I am staying home my husband is working extra hours which makes his overnight job even worse because I don't see him at all between sleep and work...I just keep telling myself my son will reap the benefits of a SAHM...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DAE-my husband works extra now too. He owns his own business so his income is flexible (good and bad) so he works extra.

    @MaryAnne-It is about the sleep! I am such a better mommy when I am well rested.

    Oh, I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks this way...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!