Monday, July 22, 2013

Elementary Kid Summer Activity: Week Eight

Two weeks after this! Crazy.

Ty and I will be signing up for first grade in two weeks. That is hard to fathom. I look at him and still wonder where my baby went. Am I the only parent who does that?

Any-who, here are our words of the day, inspired by another set of questions that I never know where my kids get the ideas to ask!



Words of the day: (theme: birds)

Incubator: an apparatus in which eggs are artificially hatched

Bird: has a body covered with feathers, forelimbs (wings), scaly legs, a beak, and no teeth!

Egg: oval or round reproductive body laid by the female of birds

Nest: a structure of twigs, grass, mud, etc, formed by a bird normally high in a tree to lay and incubate its eggs (we spoke about "incubate" being an action or verb, and an "incubator" being a thing, or a noun)

Fly: to move through the air using wings

(We are going to continue only doing word of the day. My kids are busy with VBS and playing outside. We are modifying the plan as we go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!