Wednesday, November 11, 2009

SAHM Triumph (I think): Thanksgiving

A few years ago someone placed me in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. No one has looked back, so I suppose my cooking is good. My stress level raises, normally as I iron napkins after digging them out of the dryer after my last minute attempts of washing out last year's stains. Last year I was hugely pregnant and irritable. This year, my first year as a SAHM, will be organized and nice. Not Target nice, but creative and thoughtful.

Appetizers:

Stuffed mushrooms
Crab chutney 

Meal:

I put my mother in law in charge of desserts today, so that is done! 

Sweet potatoes
Green bean casserole
Turkey (the mother in law told me not to do that today, but as I type this list, my husband insisted. husband trumps mother in law)
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Homemade wheat rolls
Cranberry (the kind from the can, with the lines, chopped up in a faux attempt of fanciness. but no added strawberries or nuts)

So at the store, I will buy...

Butter
Chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup
Velveeta
Bacon
Bread
Corn starch, yeast, flour
Canned cranberry, green beans
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, onions, celery 
Real milk, eggs
Crackers

I also have to go to the fish dock for the crab chutney. I need to find a fresh turkey somewhere that isn't Kroger's. Next, decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!